Yes, I'm Sorry! But, shouldn't you be too?

by February 19, 2020 0 comments

I haven't had a good night's rest in months.
And the kind of tired I'm, I feel like carrying twice my body weight, every time I take a deep breath. The kind of tired which I fear no amount of sleep can ever cure. I’m the kind of tired who's in a dire need of peace.
Should I be sorry, for I constantly want to talk to you?
Should I be sorry, for I feel sad when you take long to reply?
Should I be sorry, for I keep on waiting for your Good morning text everyday?
Should I be sorry, for my day don't end without hearing from you?
Should I be sorry, for knowing the fact that you don't want to talk to me as much as I want to talk to you?
Should I be sorry, for I think about you too much and too often?
Should I be sorry, for I want to share my feelings for which you don't care at all?
Should I be sorry, since I made you an integral part of my life?
Should I be sorry, since I made you this important?
I'll be very happy to apologize for everything, but would you mind telling me a certain thing first?
Shouldn't you be sorry for constantly talking to me for days and for nights and for sharing every second of your life, when I warned you not to?
Shouldn't you be sorry for waking me up with your sweet Good morning texts/calls everyday without a fail?
Shouldn't you be sorry for being the last person I hear from every night before I go to bed?
Shouldn't you be sorry for telling me at one point of time I was the only person you talk to, you laugh with, and you share things with?
Shouldn't you be sorry for being the only person whom I can think about? 
Shouldn't you be sorry for being the kind of person who suddenly changes without any justification, without any reason and much less without any notice? 
Shouldn't you be sorry for making me important one day and making me this worthless today?
I will not beg for your time, and I certainly will not try to convince you to choose me, but I definitely want to confront the truth now, howsoever harsh, brutal, ugly and deadly it may be.
I want all of it, at once, and I want to hear it directly from you.
I have the guts today to accept my feelings, do you have some to tell me the truth?
That yes, you don't feel anything for me. That yes whatever I feel for you is worthless.
That yes, however important I might make you, I would never be even important to you.
That yes, you knew everything that I told you right now from the very beginning, but you were running away from me, from my truth, from my feelings, from my love.
Will you have the guts to accept that yes you've been ignoring me since so many days.
Will you have the guts to give me the privilege of getting my heart broken by you?

Abhishek Choudhary

Lawyer, Writer

I'm an Indian lawyer and I practice law at the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India. I'm passionate, funny, tenacious, courageous and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. But more than everything, I'm just human and I have weaknesses, I make mistakes and I experience sadness, but I learn from all these things to make me a better person and a better human.

0 comments:

Post a Comment