Amid all the negatives…

by February 11, 2020 0 comments

Why I’m still so positive about the ‘idea of us’ amid all these negatives. There’s nothing positive in the air today, that sparkled the idea of ‘you and me’ on my mind.
Wait… Was there any?
At any point of time?
Ever?
Or was it just a concept?
A prerogative of my mind?
I don’t act from the position of weakness and that’s why I don’t have this habit of losing. I don’t just fear losing, I hate it! And there’s a reason why I usually end up in a win-win situation.
I think differently, you call it overthinking!
I analyse deeply, you call it exaggeration!
I read the situation minutely, you call it stretching too much!
What exactly am I stretching, have you ever thought about it? Do you agree there’s something that can be stretched?
I present things as they are, you ask what I’m trying to prove?
Sweetheart, there’s ain’t a thing which I’m trying to prove, or establish, or explain. I call it, like I see it. It’s tough, but it’s also fair. You know why? Because it’s the truth!
I take risks, the calculated ones, you ask what the issue is?
There’s absolutely none, per me. But a part of me also thinks that there’re a whole lot of issues that needs to be addressed. I’m not trying to create any issue, but at least I’m also not running away from addressing the ones that stand in front.
This attribute of thinking differently, this trait of analysing deeply, this nature of reading situations minutely, this braveness of presenting things as they are and this peculiarity of taking calculated risks, all rolled into one, give me this habit of winning. They make me positive, give me the confidence to just win.
So if I’m so positive about the ‘idea of us’, when you’re refuting it so convincingly, what’s the reason?
Well, there must be some! Else a person like me who wins at any cost, won’t be this positive, amid all negatives.
But yeah the truth remains, “half-empty, half-full” is an expression I have never cared for. But it’s also a fact that I’ll never be brave enough to lose you, even though you’re not mine!

Abhishek Choudhary

Lawyer, Writer

I'm an Indian lawyer and I practice law at the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India. I'm passionate, funny, tenacious, courageous and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. But more than everything, I'm just human and I have weaknesses, I make mistakes and I experience sadness, but I learn from all these things to make me a better person and a better human.

0 comments:

Post a Comment