A letter i'll never send!

by December 20, 2019 0 comments

Dear .................!

I have so much left to say to you. If someday someone will ask me to describe you, I may fail to explain who you are and what you mean to me, for I'm bad with words. But today I want to tell you something. Things that I would have not expressed otherwise, since I don't know to express much. Today I felt how vulnerable I'm without you.  

I feel blessed and special when you are around. Things left unsaid have the power to destroy what you have created. If I told you how insecure I feel, I must also tell you how secure I'm with you. I don't think there's ever a right time to let go, someone you love. Call me selfish, give me labels, but I can't let you go. I've never been this close to anyone this quick. I take time to trust and to act and to believe. With you, it all came effortlessly. 

I don't know how and I don't know why, but I feel connected. The trust, the love, the care it all came naturally and it all felt perfect. Things happened that should not have happened. But that love, that trust, that care was always there.

I love you and will always do. And I love all of you, not just the part that makes sense. I love the parts of you that I don't yet understand, the part that I notice when I steal glances at you in the silence, when you prefer not to speak, not to act, not to care.

We may not have the same character, but what we do have is the best understanding of our differences. When I'm with you I act differently in a good way. I smile more and laugh more. We smile and we laugh more. I don't have to pretend anything.

I felt, with you I can easily put off the fake smile that I usually carry, and put on a real one. I don't feel self conscious. I don't feel insecure. I don't feel sad. I appreciate your company, and I appreciate the togetherness that we share. 

But that's not it! There are a few more, the ones that matter the most. Your smile, your happiness, your carefreenes, your trust and everything about you. I can never tell you how special you are to me, I can never tell you that you are the only one I can never get tired of talking to and sharing my life with. You are the one I'm afraid of losing.

I don't know where we'll head henceforth, but I remember something I read and I quote, "I just want you to know that wherever this road may take us, and how far it may be to finally get where we want to go, always know you are in my heart and in my heart is where you'll always be. 
(And of course it'll be a privilege to have my heart broken by you, but please don't break it, for it belongs to you.) 
Just so you know I still care, I still trust, I still love and infact I now care more, I now trust more and I now love more. 

We live once, but die many a times, just to live for once, and I want to live this life with you, making memories and growing old.


Yours .................!

Abhishek Choudhary

Lawyer, Writer

I'm an Indian lawyer and I practice law at the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India. I'm passionate, funny, tenacious, courageous and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. But more than everything, I'm just human and I have weaknesses, I make mistakes and I experience sadness, but I learn from all these things to make me a better person and a better human.

0 comments:

Post a Comment